Valencia Spezial Waxed leather
Hidalgo Valencia Special Waxed leather
SRP: $3500.00 SALE $2600
In stock: Call to order
1 -Special waxed Spanish leather/ brown/ white stitching 33cm seat
Seat Sizes: 33/34cm
SHORTY: 30cm short flap
SPEZIAL MODELS: are fully customizable options, You can choose any seat size, leather type, a color of the seat/flap/knee rolls/seams and fittings. These saddles are available in numerous leather types including suede, plain, Nappa, waxed or smooth and luxurious German Kiger leather. The Spezial model is strongly advised for horses with very high and long withers with sub-optimal muscle conditions.
Hidalgo saddle are built on a very strong flexible leather tree, constructed from multiple layers of leather, allowing for a close feel between the horse and rider. The leather tree allows the saddle to move with the horse in a flexible manner. The panels are adjustable and secured to the bottom of the saddle with very strong velcro. This allows the adjustment to be made for different backs types. The panels are available in several thicknesses, or custom ordered measurement for the front, center and back to fit your specific horses back.
All Hidalgo saddles come with detachable panel.
Fitting your Hidalgo Saddle
*We recommend that you use a Hidalgo saddle fitter or a conventional saddle fitter with a good knowledge of the Hidalgo Saddles if you are not confident fitting your Hidalgo saddle. Please use your complimentary bottle of saddle oil before riding in the saddle, oil frequently especially in the first few weeks of riding in the saddle.
- Begin at the back of the saddle. On the horse, feel where the spinal processes end and the muscles begin in order to establish how much space your horse needs between the panels for adequate spinal clearance. The saddle must not touch the spine. The distance between the panels at the back of the saddle is usually 5 fingers or more in width. Use the seams underneath the saddle as a guide to assist you with placing the panels equally on both sides.
2. Create a subtle bow in the area where the withers end and meet the rest of the back. Check that there is sufficient clearance above the withers as well as freedom in the shoulder area. Do not be alarmed if the saddle sits quite high above the horse initially, the saddle will begin to mould to the horse once it is ridden in.
- Check that the saddle is not tipping too far back or forward. Adjust the panels wider or narrower in the front or back as needed. If needed, insert shims into the Grandeur pad pockets in order to help balance the saddle.
- It is important that the girth straps hang down straight in the correct girth position. If the horse has a very large shoulder, the panels can be placed further back in order to achieve this. It is important that the panels cover the full area below the rider’s seat. Please note that the Spanish saddles have a V-girth system, it is important that the strap closest to the horse’s tail is tightened a hole or two shorter than the front strap, but not more than this.
5. It is extremely important that the final balance of the saddle is checked with the rider in the saddle. Make any further adjustments to the saddle and then ride in the saddle for at least 5 minutes to allow the saddle to mould to the horse’s back before re-checking the fit. The saddle takes 20-30 rides to fully mould to the horse’s back. This does not mean that the saddle doesn’t fit during those rides but rather that one will develop a closer feel for the horse’s movement after the initial 20-30 rides.